Another version of a popular Banana Cake recipe…the yummy Banana Cheesecake recipe.
It’s very easy to prepare, uses minimal ingredients and most importantly, it’s soooo delicious! Banana Cheesecake recipe.
2 cups digestive biscuits or Chocolate Hob-Nobs, crushed
1/3 cup butter, melted
3 (8 ounce) packs of cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup caster or white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1/2 cup mashed bananas
1 banana, sliced, optional
Chocolate sauce, optional.
1. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees C.
2. In a bowl, mix together the biscuits and melted butter. Press into the bottom of a greased medium-sized round baking dish. Place in the refrigerator to allow it to set.
3. Meantime, in another bowl, lightly beat the cream cheese with the sugar until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, then the vanilla essence and mashed bananas. Pour into the prepared crust.
4. Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the center is set. Cool, and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
5. Place the sliced bananas on the cheesecake and pour chocolate sauce on top.Tips:/b>
1. I recommend using Philadelphia Cream Cheese as it’s really soft and seems to do well when baked.
2. You can crush the biscuits in two easy ways: either pound on them gently without taking them out of their wrapping or place them in freezer bags and pound them to crumbs.
Be careful that you don’t tear the wrapping or the freezer bag. That will result in crumbs flying all over your kitchen counter! Yikes!
3. Melting butter is easy; after measuring, place the lump of butter into a saucepan and let it melt over very low fire or you can microwave it on medium. I prefer the saucepan method though.
4. You can purchase the chocolate sauce in most quality shops selling baking products or established supermarkets.