Awesome Banana Layer Cake with Lemon Frosting – Ahh…the perfect Layer Cake. Looking for one? Here’s a great recipe and simple too.
You may think a layer cake is difficult to make, well, wrong! It just requires a little extra effort compared to regular frosted cake but the results are so satisfying and impressive.
I recommend trying this recipe out and if you like as much as I do, bake it for the next family birthday.
This simple Banana Layer Cake is absolutely delicious and tastes extraordinary with the light lemon-y cream frosting. Banana-Layer-Cake
9oz (250g) flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 oz (115g) butter, at room temperature
7oz (200g) granulated sugar
4 oz (115g) soft brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
3 medium-sized ripe Bananas, mashed
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 fl oz (50 ml) milk
3 oz (75g) chopped walnutsFor Frosting
18oz (475 g) icing sugar
1/4 teaspoon grated lemon rind
3-5 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 180 degree Celsius/350 degree Fahrenheit/Gas 4. Grease and line two 9 inch round cake tins with buttered greaseproof paper.
2. Sift flour with baking powder and salt.
3. In mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Mix well. Then add lemon rind.
4. In a smaller bowl, mix the Bananas with vanilla essence and milk. Add the Banana mixture and dry ingredients to the butter mixture alternately and stir until well-combined. Fold in the nuts.
5. Divide the batter between the cake tins.
6. Bake until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean, approximately 30-35 minutes.
7. Take the pans out and let it cool for about 5 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack and let it cool completely. Peel off the greaseproof paper gently. Prepare Frosting.
1. Cream butter until smooth. Gradually beat in sugar. Then stir in lemon rind and enough juice to make a spreadable consistency.
2. Place one of the cake layers on a serving plate. Cover with approximately one-third of the frosting. Top with the second cake layer.
3. Spread the remaining frosting evenly over the top and sides of the cake.