Grape Jelly BBQ Sauce Recipe -Okay, this is a unique one! A Grape Jelly BBQ Sauce recipe. Yep, your heard it right. And no, this won’t turn into a peanut butter and jelly BBQ sandwich. I don’t think that’s a combo anyone could stomach.
Now after searching the web high and low, I’ve found several recipes for making a grape jelly bbq sauce, from easy (or maybe even cheating) to a more typical from scratch bype recipe. I even found a recipe for meatballs with grape jelly and BBQ sauce which sounds pretty darn good!
This first recipe has no measurements, so this one is for the expert BBQ sauce cook to figure out the right proportions. The next recipe below has all the proper measurements for the ingredients.
- Grape jelly
- White vinegar
- Brown sugar
- Topatilla hot sauce
- White wine
Yellow mustardDirections: Combine all ingredients, then simmer for about 20 minutes. Add lemom juice to enhance at the end.Ingredients:
- 2 (6 Ounce) Cans Tomato Sauce
- 1 (6 Ounce) Can Tomato Paste
- 1 Cup Ketchup
- 1/4 Cup Karo Syrup
- 4 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 2 Lemons (Squeezed)
- 6 Tablespoons Liquid Smoke
- 8 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 Teaspoon Louisiana Hot Sauce
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Onion Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon Marjoram Power
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cumin Power
- 1/4 Teaspoon Thyme
- 1/2 Cup Cooking Oil
- 1/2 Cup Orange Juice
- 1 Cup Wine (Cooking or other is fine)
- 4 Tablespoons Grape Jelly
- 4 Tablespoons Woody’s Cooking Sauce
- In a medium sauce pan, add water, cooking oil, liquid smoke, worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, and Karo syrup.
- Bring to a boil. Turn down to a simmer and add all the other ingredients.
- Again return to a simmer, cook for at least 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Only 2 ingredientsIngredients:
- 1 16 ounce bottle of Kraft BBQ Sauce
- 8 oz (half a 16 oz jar) grape jellyDirections: In a saucepan, first heat the bottle of Kraft BBQ sauce. Then add about 1/2 to 1/3 of the grape jelly and stir until it is completely smooth. You might want to start with a 1/4 of the jelly and add based on taste so it’s the right sweetness you want and thickness.
Recipe for the Meatballs:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup fine dry breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup onion minced
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup Crisco vegetable shortening, to brown meatballs
For the sauce, use any of the above recipes for the grape jelly bbq sauce. Another very simple but very different tasting sauce for the meatballs is:
- 1 12oz bottle of chili sauce
- 1 10oz jar of grape jellyMeatball Directions:
- Combine the first 9 ingredients, mixing well.
- Shape into 1 inch meatballs.
- Cook the meatballs in an electric skillet in hot shortening over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until browned.
- Cool meatballs by draining on paper towels. Discard grease.
- (For the Sauce) Combine chili sauce and grape jelly in a medium saucepan (or same electric skillet); stir well until jelly is melted.
- Add meatballs and simmer UNCOVERED on low for 30 minutes (to thicken the sauce), stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot meatballs with toothpicks out of the skillet or a crockpot or chafing dish set on low to keep warm.