This amazing Banana Bread Recipe baked with cardamom is soft and delicious especially when served warm at tea-time with butter and jam.
Use over-ripe Bananas for a richer flavor.Banana Bread Recipe.
Makes 1 Loaf.
1/4 pint (150ml) warm water
1 teaspoon (5 ml) dried yeast
pinch of sugar
10 cardamom pods
14 oz (400 g) strong white flour
1 teaspoon (5 ml) salt
2 tablespoon (30 ml) malt extract
2 ripe Bananas,mashed
1 teaspoon (5 ml) sesame seeds.
1. Pour warm water into a bowl. Sprinkle the yeast, add sugar and mix well. Leave for 10 minutes.
2. Split the cardamom pods. Remove seeds and chop finely.
3. Sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl, make a well in the centre. Add yeast mixture, the malt extract, chopped cardamom seeds and Bananas.
4. Slowly add the flour and mix into a soft dough. Add extra water if required.
5. Knead until well combined. Transfer the dough to a floured surface and knead for a further 5 minutes.
6. Put the dough back into the clean bowl, cover with a damp cloth/towel and leave it to rise for 2 hours until it is double in size.
7. Shape the bread as desired, place on a baking sheet, cover the cloth again and let it rise.
8. Grease/Butter a baking sheet. Preheat the oven to 220 degree Celsius or 425 degree Fanrenheit.
9.Brush bread with water, sprinkle with sesame seeds, place in a 450 g (1 lb) loaf tin and bake for 10 minutes, lower oven’s temperature to 200 degree Celsius or 400 degree Fanrenheit.
10. Continue baking for another 20 minutes until loaf sounds hollow when tapped.FROM Banana Bread Recipe to Banana Bread Recipes page.